Sunday, November 6, 2011

PLEASE HELP ME UNCLOG THE TOILET

Yesterday I found myself with a clogged toilet.  Scott was busy working on a project, trying to put the play set outside back together after it was damaged in a summer storm (I know...it's fall...it happened in the summer...sometimes one just has to be patient).

Anyway...back to my toilet.

I tried several times to unclog it.

No luck.

Decided to just walk away for a while...you know...to see if it would magically unclog itself.

Again...no luck.

So I tried again.

Wanna take a guess?

Yeah...still no luck.

So there I stood in the bathroom with a plunger in my hand and I found these words (or pretty close to these words) going through my head:

"Lord.  My toilet is clogged.  And it's clogged pretty darn good.  I need your help.  Some might think this is a silly thing to be praying to You about, but I'm really working at coming to You with all things...good and bad, mundane and over-whemlimg.  I need to do this with the inefficient plunger I have because the hardware store is closed and I can't run out for a new one.  Lord...please help me unclog this toilet...because I know You can."

I took a deep breath and headed back to the task at hand.

And...wouldn't you know it?

Two plunges and that clog was gone!

I couldn't help but giggle out loud...and of course I immediately thanked my heavenly plumber for His help!

Take everything to God...

...and even your toilets will unclog :)

Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple day.
Jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment