Thursday, March 14, 2013

IF THERE WAS EVER ANY DOUBT...

I have never had any doubts about being a stay-at-home mom.

I love being mom to my kids.

Sometimes, though, I wonder if they care about having me home as much as I care about being home with them.

Every time I wonder they inadvertently prove to me that they do care.

Take for instance the last two weeks.

I've been gone more-so than usual.

Scott and I have both had meetings at the same time during the evening.  Parker is now old enough to take care of his sister.  But they won't go to bed before we get home.  And if we're gone later than expected, neither one of them like it.

The past couple of weeks I've had a small job tending a parade of homes model for our Realtor friend.  Tonight I got home and aside from the three dogs nearly knocking me over when I came in from the garage, the first one to greet me was not our nine-year old little girl...no...it was our fourteen-year old son.  I hardly set foot in the kitchen and there he was coming at me with his big signature "grin," arms stretched out wide and when he got to me he gave me one of his big ol' bear hugs!  "HI, MOM!!", he said, "How was your day?"  I barely answered with, "It was good," before he jumped into telling me about his day at school.

If you haven't figured it out yet...

I LOVE BEING A MOM!


Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple day!

peace.
jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment