Wednesday, May 18, 2011

LET'S CHEER THE DAY!

Gimme a "G"!
Gimme an "O"!
Gimme an "R"!
Gimme an "G"!
Gimme an "E"!
Gimme a "O, U, S"!

What's it spell?

"GORGEOUS!"

What?

"GORGEOUS!!!!!!!"

"GoooooOOOOOOOOO, WEDNESDAY!"

Okay, so that's me cheering for this absolutely gorgeous day in western Twin Cities metro area! Can you feel the excitement?

After a horrible night's sleep...or maybe a better way to say it is, "after a night of non-sleep", we woke this morning to another beautiful day. Yesterday I ignored inside tasks and headed outside. I walked, I planted, I weeded, I raked and I got a slight sunburn. It was awesome! Today is looking to be the same weather. After a very, very long winter here in Minn-e-sOOOOOOta, this is what we've all been waiting for.

This morning on my way to taking the kids to school I was awe-struck by the beauty of the day that God has set before me. The greens seem so much greener. The blues are crisp. The water like diamonds shimmering in the sun. The birds are singing songs of joy. The air is fresh and clean and fragrant. The sun is warm on my skin, even in the early morning hours. My children were playful with each other instead of nagging each other. An absolutely G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. day!

Looking out my window today, hearing the sounds of nature and breathing in the smells that surround me completely summarizes, for me, anyway, my favorite Bible verse:

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Here's wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple day!
Jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment