Monday, May 5, 2014

PLANNING

Today I am planning.

However, I'm not sure what, exactly, I am planning for.

This makes it challenging to plan.

I have a out-of-the-ordinary day tomorrow.

A day that could go multiple directions.

I could make a plan for each of those potential directions.

But that seems a waste of a beautiful day today, doesn't it?

I mean...I could plan for direction A, B, C or D...and only actually need one of these plans.

Planning for the other three would all be for not.

I could plan for all of these potential directions, need only one of them, and even have my plans for that one be completely off-the-mark.

There are times when planning is critical.  It's essential in making sure things happen in an efficient and orderly fashion.  Dotting all the "i's" and crossing all the "t's".  Planning keeps calendars and schedules on track.  It makes sure people are where they need to be when they need to be there.  It's knowing one of multiple steps that can be taken at any time during the process.

I'm not sure any of that will work tomorrow.

So, basically, any efforts to plan today would be like trying to nail wind to a board.

Just not gonna happen.

Basic plans are in place for kids and dogs and where's and when's.

Other than that...I gotta just let it go.

Give it up.

Let the wind blow where it may and trust that God will hold on and not let go if the winds get too strong and try take me with them.

Today I will do my normal Monday routine.  I'll plan for an off-schedule Tuesday.  Then Wednesday we can start working our way back to normal again.

And...if somewhere along the way it gets a little bumpy...well...God will smooth it out eventually.

Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple day.

peace.
jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment