Thursday, June 9, 2011

LET SUMMER BEGIN!

Yesterday was the last day of school.  Parker has completed 6th grade and will be moving on to 7th grade...official Junior High.  Faith finished 1st grade and is already very excited about being a 2nd grader in the fall.

For the last three years the neighbors have planned the "Westridge Hills End of the School Year Party" at the park in our development.  It was fun.  Here are photos to prove it:

Lots and lots of water balloons!











Too many kids to count...some are missing from this photo!










Lots of families celebrating together!










And then there were mine...

Parker didn't want his picture taken...















and Faith enjoyed the pink lemonade popsicles!


Today is the first official day of summer vacation.

How are we spending it?

Any...way...we...want!

Parker was awake at his usual non-school time of 7:00 AM.  He's enjoying the computer.  That's pretty much it...enjoying the computer and saving the world from Star Wars droids.  I feel so much safer knowing he is protecting me from any potential threats of droid attacks.

Little Miss Faith slept until 8:20 AM!  EIGHT...TWENTY!  She was one tired little girl after yesterdays celebrations at school and then after school party at the park.  Plum...tuckered...out!  She is quietly enjoying the morning playing with her Polly Pockets and watching Sponge Bob.

Me?  I'm on my second cup of coffee and enjoying the fact that my children are finally home for the summer!  Wondering what adventures we'll be on during the next few months.  Wishing there were not dishes in the sink that needed to be cleaned up.  Guess that stuff doesn't take a summer break, huh?

But my kids do...and for that I'm excited!

Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple day.
Jeanine

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great start to summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll have a great Summer. I'm purposely planning our Summer to make sure we take time for fun stuff. I'll be posting about it soon.
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a perfect start to your Summer! It's hard for me to plan our Summer because of the fact that I have to work. But I will try and plan some fun things along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that!!! What a great way to kick it off :) Sounds like your first day was just as wonderful.

    Have a blessed weekend and thank you sooo much for your prayers!! Love and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete