Friday, February 22, 2013

GIMME A BEER!

It's Lent.

Although I am no longer Catholic, my side of the family is.

Lent for Catholics means no meat on Fridays.

Due to snowy, slushy, slippin' and slidin' weather today, I drove my mom and dad to an out-of-town medical procedure for my mom.  I have four-wheel drive...they don't.  And...dad's 87 and mom's 85.  I am not.  They didn't need to drive on a day like today.

On the way home we stopped for lunch.  Mom was looking for fish on the menu.  When the waitress came dad said, "I'll have a hamburger!"  Mom said quickly, "Oh...no-no!  It's Friday...you can't have meat."

The waitress was quick to offer them their fish special for the day.

Mom said, "I'll have that, with a glass of water, please."

Dad grunted a little at being told he couldn't have a hamburger and then said, "I'll just have that, too.  And gimme a glass of beer!"

I honestly started laughing out loud...and mom and the waitress both giggled.

Can't have meat...but by golly...give the man his beer!

Love those two.

Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple day.  And go ahead...tip back a cold one while you're at it!

peace.
jeanine


No comments:

Post a Comment