Monday, February 25, 2013

WELL...THAT'S AN ATTITUDE WE NEED TO CHANGE!

On our way out of church yesterday we were visiting with one of the Sunday School teachers and when we got in the car Faith said, "He's a funny man!  I get him next year when I'm in 4th grade."  My husband and I commented on how men have a different "style" when teaching Sunday school.  My comment was, "Sometimes men seem to be better than women at these kinds of things because they make it more fun and silly."

Note the key word here was "SOMETIMES."

Faith said, "Yeah...sometimes."

And then Parker said, "Yeah...and women are just better at the diaper changin' and stuff."  Then he gave me a quick glance out of the corner of his eye, smirked his big "Parker smirk" and waited...

...for mom...

...to respond...

And respond, I did!  "Whoa, whoa, WHOA, there mister!  You get that attitude out of your head right now or you're going to be one woman-less man when you grow up!  Better at changin' diapers and stuff!  You won't get far with that kind of thinking!"

Parker laughed because he knew he was going to get me going with that comment.  It was his plan when he said it.  Scott thought it was all hilarious...but knew better than to chime in to help Parker out.

Better at changin' diapers...

Best be changin' that attitude.

Oh how this boy of mine can make me laugh.  And if he keeps this up, he'll be MY boy for a long, long time!

Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple day!

peace.
jeanine

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, Jeanine! I think it's cute that he knew you'd react and felt safe teasing. :)

    ReplyDelete