Thursday, May 15, 2014

CAR + KEYS...

Look what my husband has allowed me to have...and use...today:

















My car keys and vehicle have been returned.  Well...no one ever actually TOOK them from me.  Scott has been taking my car to work (because it's nicer than his car) or it's been sitting in the garage and my key has been hanging on it's designated hook in the back entry.  But I haven't been allowed to use either one for the past sixteen days.

Wait...I haven't driven in sixteen days?

This is unusual for me...for my husband...for my kids...because in our family, I'm the driver.

My husband drives when he needs to drive.  Other than that, I do probably 90% of the driving.  This has never been one of his favorite things to do.  So let me tell ya'...when I get to sit in the passenger's seat, or even in the back seat...I feel like a princess riding in a chariot.

All-in-all, though...I don't mind being the main driver in our family.

But when one has been on a lot of prescription medication as well as just having had surgery, driving isn't smart.  Not smart for me, not smart for my family, not smart for other people who are on the road with me.  It's just dumb.

But I have been off all medicines since Saturday.

And today I'm scheduled for a haircut.

And I really...Really...REALLY need a haircut.

So today I get to pick up that key, sit in the driver's seat of my car and drive a whole whopping seven miles (one way, mind you) to the hair salon.

If you'd like, I can post my driving route and approximate departure and destination times so you can stay clear of these particular roads during those times.

Nahhhhhh...

I'm just gonna trust that, as always...God's got this.

Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple...and drive-safe kind of day.

peace.
jeanine


No comments:

Post a Comment