Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A BUTT-DIAL FRIEND

Last week I received a call on my cell phone from my longest-time and dearest friend.

We both have busy families with children similar in ages.  It's unusual for us to call each other unless we're in the process of making plans.  Our communication is usually via text or email.

So I was quick to answer when I saw her number come up on my caller ID...even though I was walking out the door.

I said, "Hello?"

No one answered, but I could hear static noises and a sound like wind blowing in the background.

"Hello?" I said again.

Still nothing.

A third time I said, "Hello?"

Again nothing.

Scott said, "You've said 'hello' three times...she most likely can't hear you."

Just as I was about to end the call I heard faintly in the background, "I don't have time for this!  Go poop!"

This immediately made me laugh as I realized she had just butt-dialed me while letting their dog out.  I hung up and couldn't stop laughing.

To make sure this wasn't something more significant than an accidental butt-dial, I called her back a few minutes later.  She didn't answer and I had to leave a message.  I told her I assumed it was an accidental call, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something more.

Later that evening I received a text from her apologizing for the "butt-dial" and that she was letting the dog out before she went to the high school to hear her son sing in a program and had inadvertently dialed me.

Needless to say we both got a good laugh out of it.

But as I continue to reflect and giggle about this accidental phone call I realized that it brought me more than a good laugh for the day.

This call brought pure JOY!

JOY in the fact that I have a "butt-dial friend!"

A friend who no.matter.what.else is going on in life, we somehow connect whether it be via text, email, phone calls, in person (which is the BEST) and yes...even butt-dials.

It's a comfortable, relaxed, pick-up-right-where-you-left-off kind of friendship.

It's just a beautiful thing.

Wishing you a peaceFULLYsimple...and "butt-dial friend"...kind of day.

peace.
jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment